This one of my favorite make-ahead breakfasts. I make these on a Sunday or Monday and eat them all week. They also freeze, defrost and reheat very well. A serving is 2 muffins, so this makes 6 servings. Reheat and eat as they are, or put them inside a whole grain english muffin for breakfast on the go!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 c of egg whites
- 2 diced bell peppers
- 4 oz of diced lean ham or Canadian bacon
- 3 oz of shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat eggs and egg whites together.
3. Divide evenly among 12 muffin tin cups (sprayed with cooking spray or lightly oiled).
4. Divide peppers and ham or canadian bacon between the 12 cups.
5. If desired, top each with cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.
7. Immediately upon removing from the oven, run a butter life around each muffin to release it from the pan. After cooling, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. These can also be frozen for later use!