Ever had one of those
weeks months periods of time 17 days long or so? You know the ones. Someone is sick. School projects are due. Sports are in full swing. You open your planner and somehow you still have the page market set sometime in March and tomorrow is May?
Somehow you blink, and it’s been weeks, and you barely remember what you cooked or fed anyone. That’s the kind of April we had in our house. And that’s okay. We all survived. A little too much takeout was consumed. It is my goal to make May a different month here in our household. Do you have goals for May? Step 1 for me was doing some prepping and planning this week – that always starts with breakfast for me. So I made up a batch of Denver Omelet Egg Muffins for the week, and also chopped veggies for these on other days. Because really, I could eat tacos three meals a day. Also: I could eat eggs three meals a day. Oh? And avocado? I could eat avocado at all three meals a day. Every day.
Egg White Breakfast Tacos
This makes 1 serving, 2 tacos (kids could probably split it!)
- 1 tsp olive oil (or other cooking oil of your choice)
- 1 diced bell pepper (I diced up 3, so I have more for another day!)
- 1/2 c egg whites (or, if you prefer, 2 whole eggs, beaten)
- 2 TB of pico de gallo (or you could chop up tomatoes, onions, cilantro etc. on your own…but since Safeway already did it…..)
- 2 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- Sauté the bell pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add egg whites, stirring frequently to scramble. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add pico de gallo and stir/scramble, cooking another minute, or until heated through.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 of the mixture, then top with the avocado.
- Fold or roll and eat!
- If you want to go low carb, skip the tortillas and eat on a plate with a fork!
Pingback: 5 Ideas for easy, healthy and fast breakfasts | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 9 (February 19-25) | Plan Prep Pour