Oh, I have a blog.
Apparently I forgot for a few weeks. Unfortunately, on occasion, I get so busy being a mom, running FIT4MOM Phoenix Scottsdale, and just living, that the planning, the prepping, and even the pouring get forgotten. In other words, my family is super sick of Chick Fil A and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I am equally sick of existing on chocolate mint builder bars, raw almonds, clementines and gummy bears. After 5 days on the road, part of my reintroduction to polite society today involved breakfasts and lunches for the next few days.
Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa Salad in a Mason Jar
- 1 c. quinoa (measured before cooking), prepared according to package (I used a multi-color variety and cooked it in the rice cooker with vegetable broth and some lime juice), cooled
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 can of rotel, cilantro and lime variety (or you could just use fresh tomatoes and cilantro, but let’s be honest, any of this was a stretch today for me)
- 4-5 sliced green onions
- 1 diced green pepper (or whatever color you want! I had green)
- 1 large avocado, diced and tossed in lime juice
- 4 cups of shredded romaine
- 3 TB olive oil (I used a chile lime variety)
- Juice of one lime
- 1-2 tsp of taco seasoning (I used my homemade), depending how much spice you want to add
- 1-2 tsp of honey, depending how much sweet you’d like
- Combine all salad ingredients other than avocado and romaine.
- Blend salad dressing ingredients together.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Divide among 4 wide-mouthed, quart sized mason jars.
- Add avocado to jars.
- Finish with romaine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 4-5 days. Immediately before serving, shake to mix, and pour into a bowl or onto a plate.
FYI – this is my mid-day biz post tomorrow:)
*k i n d l y w i t h g r a t i t u d e ,*
*Dina Conover, * *2014 Franchisee of the Year* *FIT4MOM Corona Franchise Owner* *951.522.7725* *corona.fit4mom.com * [image: http://www.fit4mom.com] [image: https://www.facebook.com/FIT4MOMCORONA/%5D [image: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzONTxVXISqbCun5MQYerrA%5D [image: https://www.pinterest.com/fit4momcorona/%5D
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Plan Prep Pour wrote:
> amyhindererfeltus posted: “Oh, I have a blog. Apparently I forgot for a > few weeks. Unfortunately, on occasion, I get so busy being a mom, running > FIT4MOM Phoenix Scottsdale, and just living, that the planning, the > prepping, and even the pouring get forgotten. In other words, my ” >
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Make Ahead Lunches (Subtitle: Why I Sometimes Don’t Eat Lunch – Part 2) | Plan Prep Pour