This recipe makes 4 large salads, perfect for lunch or dinner! They will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced, tossed with lime juice
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 16 oz of cooked chicken breast, cubed or shredded
- 4 TB blue cheese crumbles
- 4 cups of thinly chopped romaine lettuce
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended thoroughly. Divide evenly among 4 quart sized mason jars.
- Add 1/4 of the remaining ingredients to each jar, in the order above (starting with tomatoes, ending with lettuce).
- Seal jars tightly (I like these plastic lids) and store in refrigerator.
- When ready to eat, shake jar, dump on a plate or into a bowl and serve!
Pingback: Make Ahead Lunches (Subtitle: Why I Sometimes Don’t Eat Lunch – Part 2) | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 12 (March 12 through 18) | Plan Prep Pour