Overnight oats make for a great grab and go breakfast, and you can eat them chilled, or heat them up if you prefer. I love using frozen fruit right out of the freezer for these – it seems to flavor the oats better without added sweetener. I make these in wide-mouthed, pint sized mason jars, but you can make them in any container that can be sealed in the fridge (I love these lids).
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 1/3 c almond milk
- 1 1/3 c greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 c old fashioned oats
- 4 TB raw cacao powder
- 8 tsp of chia seeds, or chia, flax etc. blend (I am currently using the Super Seed and Ancient Grain Blend from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 c frozen, pitted cherries (or the other fruit of your choice)
- honey to taste (optional)
- Place 1/4 of each of the almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seed blend, cacao powder and oats in container of your choice that seals. Mix well (with the jars, I put the lid on and shake!). Top with the cherries and a drizzle of honey (if desired), cover and refrigerator overnight (or up to 5 days).
- When ready to serve, remove from fridge, stir, enjoy! Or, if you prefer, heat and enjoy.