This week my breakfasts are basically 2/3 of the way made ahead. When I make a fried egg, I’m not a fan of reheating it, so I’ve cooked all the veggies and each morning I just reheat them briefly in a pan, and cook an egg or two on top. So this one requires a little work in the morning….but not much!
Roasted Vegetable and Egg Hash (Makes 6-8 servings)
- 1.5 lbs of red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1.5 lbs of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 3 TB avocado oil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2-3 regular bell peppers or 8-10 mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 c. sliced green onions
- Eggs (1-2 per serving)
- Salt and pepper (and maybe hot sauce if you like), to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes with oil and dried spices in a large bowl.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on lined cookie sheets and roast for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Although potatoes to cool, and divide among containers. Divide peppers and onions. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to use, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and dump the potato mixture on it. When heated, top with 1-2 eggs and cook until desired doneness. Add salt and pepper and/or hot sauce and eat!