These easy make ahead egg muffins, with whole grain toast, served as my breakfast all week – to reheat, I cut one up on a slice of toast in my toaster oven, and set it to broil for around 8 minutes. If you don’t have that kind of time – reheat in the microwave on low power for around 45 seconds. They are also good with a corn tortilla wrapped around (after cutting up).
Serves 6/Serving Size 2 muffins
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 2 c fresh baby spinach
- 1, 12 oz container, or around 1.5 c of pico de gallo (I used the one from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin tin with non stick spray
- Divide spinach and pico de gallo up among the 12 muffin cups
- Beat together eggs and egg whites, and divide mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups
- Top each cup with 1/12 of the cheese
- Bake until set and slightly browned, 20-25 minutes
- Immediately upon removing from oven, slide a butter knife around the edges of the cups to prevent sticking.
- Remove egg muffins from cups and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.