- 6 TB fresh lime juice (around 3 limes worth)
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1/2 c of fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tsp raw sugar
- 4 TB plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 c of cooked black beans from dried) OR, for a vegetarian option, double the beans and skip the chicken!
- 1.5 c frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 diced bell peppers (I used one red, one green and one orange)
- 7.5 c. of shredded romaine
1.5 lbs worth of this, made with red salsa, omitting the black beans and corn, Crockpot Chicken For Tacos, Taco Salads, Nachos and more!
You can store the chicken however you want, but I divided it up into smaller mason jars (affiliate link) for each salad.
- Make dressing by blending all ingredients together in a blender until mostly smooth (but for a few small pieces of cilantro), divide evenly among 5 mason jars.
- Layer the remainder of the salad ingredients (other than chicken), as follows (bottom to top): tomatoes, black beans, corn, bell peppers, lettuce.
- Seal and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, heat chicken (if desired), shake the salad jar thoroughly, dump on a plate or in a bowl, top with chicken and eat!