This is an easy weeknight side dish that is even better if you make it ahead! I prefer to use beans cooked from dried to reduce sodium, but use organic canned (drained and thoroughly rinsed) when pressed for time! We love this with grilled steak, fajitas or tacos! It’s also great with some diced avocado added right before serving.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 TB of olive or avocado oil
- 2 TB lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsp of minced canned chipotles in adobo (canned)
- 1, 15 oz can or 1.5 c of cooked blacked beans (drained and rinsed if canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
- 1 c of frozen corn (defrosted) (I especially like corn that has been roasted for this – Trader Joe’s has a great one!)
- Optional: diced avocado
Whisk oil, lime juice, green onions and chipotle in adobo together in a large bowl. Stir in beans, bell pepper and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 3 days. Before serving, taste, and add salt and/or pepper if needed. Add diced avocado if desired.