- Lemon infused olive oil, 2 TB (try this amazing meyer lemon version from Queen Creek Olive Mill
- Red wine vinegar, 4 TB (or, if you only have plain olive oil, 3 TB of vinegar and 1 TB of fresh lemon juice)
- Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp
- Dried red pepper flakes, 1/8 tsp
- Dried oregano, 1/2 tsp
- Honey, 2 tsp
- Edamame, shelled (can be purchased in the freezer section of most grocery stores), 2 cups
- Green bell pepper, 1, chopped (or other color of your choice)
- Red bell pepper, 1, chopped (or other color of your choice)
- Shredded green and red cabbage with carrots, like this one from Trader Joe’s, 3 cups
- Romaine lettuce, shredded, 4 c
- Cooked shrimp, 1 lb, tails removed, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together in a bowl or mixing cup, then divide evenly into 4 quart sized mason jars. I really like these wide-mouthed mason jars for mason jar salads. I have also replaced all the metal lids on mine with these plastic ones – some of my metal ones were rusting, and 2 parts were harder to keep track of.
Layer 1/4 of each vegetable ingredient in each of the jars, bottom to top, in the following order:
Top jars with 1/4 of the shrimp, squeeze lemon juice over the top. Seal jars tightly and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
When ready to eat, shake jar vigorously to distribute vinaigrette, and pour into a bowl or plate and enjoy!