1.5 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
1-2 onions, depending on size (white or yellow), cut into strips
3-4 bell peppers, colors of your choice, cut into strips
1/8 c olive oil (if you like a little extra spice, I recommend using the the Chile Lime Olive Oil for half of the oil, or if you just like citrus, this Mexican Lime Olive Oil is great)
Juice of one lime (unless using lime oil!)
2 tsp chili powder (if using a spicy oil, you can cut this down)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
1/8-1/4 tsp dried red chili flakes
salt and pepper
Corn or flour tortillas
Salsa or pico de gallo
Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
Sliced black olives
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut chicken and veggies to uniform size, so they are all done at the same time – you decide on your veggie to chicken ratio, I like to go a little heavy on the veggies to try to get more of them into my kids.
- Toss chicken and veggies with oil, add seasonings and mix well to coat evenly.
- Spread chicken and veggies into a single layer onto a baking sheet (or 2 if needed) lined with foil (easy clean up! just crumple the foil and toss when done!)
- Cook at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are slightly browned.
- Serve with the tortillas, sides and toppings of your choice.
Pingback: September 4th – Weekly Meal Plan | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 8 (February 12-18) | Plan Prep Pour