I love repurposed leftovers! And fried rice is super easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. You could also use leftover chicken, beef…..really anything you have in this one. No leftovers? Make veggie fried rice! My best tip for fried rice is this: you don’t want freshly cooked, warm rice. You want to use rice from yesterday that’s been chilled in the fridge. Or even 2 days ago. I don’t know why. I just know it works better.
Pork Fried Rice (Serves 4-5)
- 4 tsp canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 TB minced garlic (I use the jarred stuff)
- 1 TB minced ginger (luckily, you can now buy this in a jar or tube too!)
- 1 bag of frozen carrots and peas (or, if, like me, you only have the bag that has corn too, that), defrosted (I also added some leftover green beans from the Honey Mustard Pork, chopped small)
- 3 c leftover COLD rice (we like brown)
- 2-3 TB soy sauce (adjust to your tastes)
- 8-12 oz of leftover Crockpot/Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Pork Loin or Soy Ginger Pork Roast (or any other already cooked protein of your choice), chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 c sliced green onions (optional)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add beaten eggs to pan. Scramble/cook eggs, breaking into small pieces. Remove eggs and set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp of canola/veggie oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds.
- Add veggies and cook, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and soy sauce and continue to cook until rice is heated and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- When rice is warmed and browned, add eggs and pork and stir, cooking until everything is heated through.
- Finish with sesame oil and (optional) sliced green onions.
Pingback: Crockpot/Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Pork Loin | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plan, February 13 through 19, 2017 | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 4 (January 22 – 28) | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 8 (February 12-18) | Plan Prep Pour