All the delicious lasagna taste, without as much work. And this is a short cut type recipe – as I used jarred sauce. You could certainly use your own homemade as well, or the jarred of your choice.
1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 tsp of minced garlic
4 c beef broth
1 jar of trader joe’s organic tomato basil marinara
1 small can of petite diced tomatoes
1 TB dried oregano
2 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
4 whole wheat lasagna noodles/sheets (4 ounces dried), broken into pieces
3/4 c ricotta
4 TB parmesan
1 TB dried basil (or if you have some fresh that would be better)
1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Brown the ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute a few minutes.
- Add all the dried spices, the marinara sauce and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, mix together topping ingredients.
- Increase heat and add the noodles when boiling. Cook 10-13 minutes, until noodles are done. Serve immediately.
Divide soup into bowls, top each bowl with a portion of the topping mixture. Serves 6-8.