This is so simple I almost wouldn’t call it a recipe, and it’s great, because if you use enough meat, you get dinner twice.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 1, 2-4 lb flank steak (or chuck roast, or whatever cut of beef you enjoy slow cooked)
- 2.5 c. beef stock or broth
- 3 heaping TB of Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 of a 16 oz jar of whole pepperoncini peppers, with juice
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Shred meat.
- Serve on sandwiches, over mashed potatoes, however you like! I like to serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables the first day I make it, and turn the leftovers into a second dinner with sandwich rolls, grilled peppers and onions and provolone!
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 7 (February 5-11) | Plan Prep Pour
Pingback: 2018 Monday Meal Plan: Week 8 (February 12-18) | Plan Prep Pour