It’s easy to have this breakfast on a plate in front of you in less than 10 minutes if you do all the prep work ahead – this is enough for 4 servings, but you can easily adapt it to your needs.
- Sweet potatoes, 24 ounces, baked or cooked in microwave and then cooled and diced [EDIT: this week I peeled, then diced my potatoes and tossed them with 2 tsp of olive oil and sprinkled with this great Chili Lime seasoning from Trader Joe’s, and they were amazing!)
- Deli ham, 8 ounces, diced – my favorite is this uncured variety made by Applegate Farms
- Bell peppers (you pick the color! I like green and red, because it adds more colors to the meal), 2, diced
- Green onions, 1 c, sliced
- Eggs, large, 8
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pico de gallo, regular salsa or salsa verde (optional)
- Shredded cheddar (optional)
- After cooking and allowing the sweet potatoes to cool, place 1/4 in each of 4 zip lock bags or container of your choice, add 1/4 of each of the other ingredients other than the eggs, salsa and cheese.
- When ready to eat, dump the contents of one bag into a heated pan on the stove (use 1 tsp of olive oil or some cooking spray to prevent sticking) and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crack eggs over the top, cover and allow to cook until eggs are your desired doneness. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- I like to add some salsa or salsa verde right before I add the eggs – around 2 TB. And then when the eggs are almost cooked to top it with 1-2 TB of shredded cheddar, but that’s optional!